Alberta Containerized Intermodal Freight Analysis Study
Alberta Infrastructure/Transportation (formerly Alberta Transportation) recognized that there has been relatively little research undertaken on the intermodal freight transport system serving Alberta companies. Given the importance of intermodal transportation and the role that containerization plays in the modern economy, the department commissioned GTS Group International in association with Activation Analysis Group Inc. to conduct this study to investigate the effectiveness of the system for cargo movement to and from Alberta.
The overall objectives of the study are to:
- Describe the system and how it is used by Alberta companies
- Identify issues
- Identify advantages and disadvantages
- Identify impediments to the success and growth of the intermodal containerized freight transport system serving Alberta
- Evaluate competitiveness of the system
- Determine areas for policy discussion
- Determine areas for further study
Strategic Policy Branch
Tel: (780) 644-2663
Fax: (780) 422-1070
Documents on this site require Acrobat Reader 4.0 or better, available for free from Adobe.