|After your suspension period is over, you must still go to a registry agent and provide proof that you have met your reinstatement requirements. The registry agent will then be able to issue you an operators licence. A written notice that says your driving privileges have been reinstated will be mailed to you.
If your driverís licence expired during the suspension period, it can not be renewed until all the conditions for reinstatement have been met.
Ignition interlock program
What is the ignition interlock program?
- If you have lost your driverís licence through an impaired driving conviction, (under sections 253, 254 Criminal Code of Canada) the ignition interlock program may allow you to gain driving privileges with conditions.
- The court must first authorize the operation of a vehicle with the ignition interlock device.
- You have to meet certain requirements to participate in the program.
- The Alberta Transportation Safety Board must approve your participation.
- You will have to pay all costs associated with the installation and maintenance of the approved ignition interlock device.