MOISTURE DENSITY TESTS
1. Standard Compaction, -5000 um
2. Standard Compaction, +5000 um
3. Standard Compaction, One Point
DENSITY OF SOIL (In-Place)
1. Sand Cone Method, or
2. Rubber Balloon Method, or
3. Nuclear Density Gauge Method.
4. Correction Factor
Note: The nuclear method may only be used under the following conditions:
(a) The gauge calibration is checked yearly and a log book of standard counts is maintained as outlined in ATT-11, Section 3.7.
(b) Percent compaction and a rock correction is determined as outlined in ATT-11, Section 3.9.1. Correction factors done as outlined in ATT-48
SOILS IDENTIFICATION, HAND
1. Laboratory determination of
moisture content of soils.
- Soil and Gravel
- Microwave Method
2. Nuclear Moisture Content.
One for each representative soil type tested for in-place density.
Top 0.3 m, one test per 300 m.
Below the top 0.3 m, 3 tests per metre of fill per 1000 m.
Each density test corrected.
Each significant soil type as required for moisture control.
MAT 6 - 22
MAT 6 - 23
MAT 6 - 34
MAT 6 - 54
MAT 6 - 24
MAT 6 - 34