A- A+

Service Road Agreement and Caveat

When land next to a provincial highway is being subdivided, the municipality may require that a Caveat and Service Road Agreement with Alberta Transportation be registered with the subdivision plan.  The plan of survey for the subdivision must be prepared by a surveyor registered with the Alberta Land Surveyor's Association.  The surveyor will also prepare the Service Road Agreement for the landowner and submit all documents to the Registrar, Alberta Land Titles on their behalf.

Surveyors should send the following information to TransDS-YEGCaveats@gov.ab.ca:

  • Municipal Letter with Conditions of Subdivision Authority 
  • Service Road Agreement (draft copy)
  • Plan of Survey (pdf)

Surveyor Instructions

Service Road Agreement (doc 207K)

Consent to Register a Plan

Contact the appropriate Alberta Transportation's Operations District Office to discuss the description for the Service Road Agreement. Click here for TRANS contacts.