Delivering Driver Education
The types of driver education are:
- In-vehicle and classroom training for licence Classes 1 through 7.
- Air Brake Program
- Defensive Driving Course
- Professional Driver improvement Course
- Long Combination Vehicles Program
- School Bus Driver Improvement Program
If you want to become an instructor for any of these types of instruction visit Driving Instructors. If you want your organization to be authorized to deliver any of these types of instruction, see Driver Education Organizations.
Class 5 Program
For information on the Class 5 Program click Class 5 Program
Air Brake Program
For information on the Air Brake Program, click Alberta Air Brake Program
Defensive Driving and Professional Driver Improvement Course Development
For information on the course development for the following:
- Classroom and online Defensive Driving Courses
- Classroom and online Professional Driver Improvement Courses
- Professional Driver Improvement Course for Light Vehicles
Click on this link for the information. DDC PDIC Online and Classroom Information
Long Combination Vehicles Program
Long Combination Vehicle courses help drivers enhance their ability to operate Long Combination Vehicles.
School Bus Driver Improvement Program
Keeping children safe is of the utmost importance and the School Bus Driver Improvement Program helps accomplish this goal. School bus drivers are required to participate in mandatory training once they have operated a school bus for one year. More information on school bus safety is available, visit: School Bus Safety
If you want to become a School Bus Driver Improvement Program instructor, visit Driving Instructors