eFacility allows Inspection Facilities to complete inspection certificates and records of inspection online, rather than completing carbon copy forms.
Benefits of eFacility
* No need to purchase Record of Inspection forms
* No need to purchase Out of Province or Salvage inspection certificates
* The cost of Commercial Vehicle Inspection Decals has been reduced from $63/book to $24/book
* No more rejected inspection certificates
* No need to mail in green copies of inspection certificates
* Warning messages if the facility or technician licences are due to expire in the next 30 days
* Automatically populates vehicle information from the motor vehicle database
* Provides a central location for reference material
* No cost to sign up!
Facilities will need to contact the Vehicle Safety Section to obtain a user ID for eFacility. Each facility is responsible for determining individuals at their facility that require access to eFacility. Users do not need to be a licensed technician in the Vehicle Inspection Program, but the Inspection Facility is ultimately responsible for any and all inspections it issues in the eFacility program.
Once a facility has signed up to use the eFacility program, it is not able to continue using carbon copy inspection certificates. NOTE – Commercial vehicle inspection facilities will be able to keep a partial pad of carbon Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificates. These certificates are only to be used to replace certificates that were previously rejected.
How to Get Started
Option #1: Wait to receive your renewal notice. Information on eFacility will be included with the renewal information.
Option #2: Start using eFacility before your licence renewal by contacting a Vehicle Inspection Program Records Analyst at trans.eFacility@gov.ab.ca. The Records Analyst will provide you with information on signing up for eFacility early.
Updates and Newsletters
eFacility Newsletter - January 13, 2014 (pdf 420K)
eFacility Update Bulletin - October 24, 2013 (pdf 445K)
To login or sign up to eFacility, click here.
For the eFacility user guide, click here.
For more information, please contact Vehicle Safety