Weigh in Motion Report
The Weigh in Motion Report 2014 is prepared by Alberta Transportation using data from weigh in motion (WIM) systems. WIM systems involve the installation of various sensors in the roadway to provide traffic volumes, vehicle types, weights, and speeds. There are six WIM systems installed on Alberta highways at the following sites:
- Red Deer Site – Located on Highway 2, approximately 7 kilometres south of Red Deer
- Leduc Vehicle Inspection Station Site – Located on Highway 2, approximately 1 kilometres south of Leduc;
- Fort Macleod Site – Located on Highway 3, approximately 6 kilometres east of Fort Macleod;
- Edson Site – Located on Highway 16, approximately 25 kilometres east of Edson;
- Leduc Site – Located on Highway 2A, approximately 4 kilometres south of Leduc; and
- Villeneuve Site – Located on Highway 44, approximately 4 kilometres south of Villeneuve.
This report summarizes the data from the WIM systems and presents various statistics, such as the average recorded speeds of vehicles, the average equivalent single axle loading (ESAL), and the number of overweight axle groups.
For questions or concerns related to the contacts of this report, please contact Orlando Rodriguez with Alberta Transportation by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 780-643-1723.
The following report is available for download:
WEIGH IN MOTION REPORT 2014 (PDF 1.73 MB)
Documents on this site require Acrobat Reader, available for free from Adobe.