The Co-ordination and Information Centre
The Co-ordination and Information Centre (CIC) operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide information to the general public and industries on dangerous goods compliance. The CIC is also an emergency response centre for all Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) incidents.
- Provide compliance information related to the Federal and Provincial dangerous goods legislation.
- Provide Federal and international requirements for the shipment of dangerous goods by air, road, rail or marine modes of transportation.
- Provide interpretive information for the on-highway enforcement process as well as awareness material for inspectors, industry and the general public.
- Manage all TDG emergency calls and assess the severity of dangerous goods incidents.
- Provide assistance to emergency response personnel attending the scene of an incident in which dangerous goods are involved, or may become a matter for concern.
- Communicate openly with related departments in the event of an emergency or safety-related incident.
For more information, please contact the 24-hour Co-ordination and Information Centre at:
1-800-272-9600 (Toll Free) or 780-422-9600 (Edmonton area)
Questionnaire: In order to improve our service, please participate in our short survey (PDF 93 KB).