West Calgary Ring Road
The west segment of the Calgary Ring Road (CRR) will run south along the west side of the city from Highway 1 (16 Avenue NW) to west of 69 Street SW on Glenmore Trail/Highway 8. The West Calgary Ring Road (W-CRR) is approximately 9 kilometres long. It will be located primarily on the existing Transportation Utility Corridor (TUC) already owned by the provincial government, with some additional small parcels of land being purchased.
An additional 5 kilometres of connector road upgrades will be included in the overall CRR project.
Calgary Ring Road Frequently Asked Questions
Highway 1 to 69th Street SW
Take a virtual tour of the W-CRR
Click the links below to see the interchanges.
- 9 km of six- and eight-lane divided roadway
- 24 bridges
- 6 interchanges:
Timing and delivery method for the construction of the West Calgary Ring Road is under review.
West Calgary Ring Road Background
- Historic Agreement Signed
- 2013 Agreement Tsuut'ina Nation - Alberta
- West Calgary Ring Road Project General Overview Plan (pdf 552K)
- Functional Planning Study (2009) - Frequently Asked Questions - (pdf 36K)
- Highway 8 (Glenmore Trail) to Bow Trail Configuration and Site Plan (Initial Stage) (pdf 1,887K)
- Highway 8 (Glenmore Trail) to Bow Trail Configuration and Site Plan (Ultimate Stage) (pdf 1,888K)
- Bow Trail to Trans Canada Highway (16th Avenue) Configuration and Site Plan (Initial Stage) (pdf 2,003K)
- Bow Trail to Trans Canada Highway (16th Avenue) Configuration and Site Plan (Ultimate Stage) (pdf 1,994K)
- Open houses:
- June 2008 - Presented study limits, contact information and received comment feedback
- November 2008 - Presented proposed alignments and interchange configuration and received comment feedback
- June 2009 - Presented recommended alignments and interchange configurations
- November 2014 – Public information sessions (four) to present current plans. See the presentation boards that were on display.
- Transportation and Utility Corridor web page
|Click here to email your questions on the Calgary Ring Road|