• People under the age of 14 cannot
operate a tractor or any self-propelled
farm equipment on a highway.
• If the view from your inside rear view
mirror is blocked, you must attach an
outside rear view mirror on each side of
• If a vehicle’s load extends 1.5 metres
(5 feet) or more beyond the rear of the
vehicle, the following is required:
· During daylight hours, a red flag
should be attached to the end of
the extension or load. The flag must
be at least 30 centimeters (one foot)
long on each of the four sides of
· At night, a red light must be attached
to the end of the extension or load.
• In a residential area, you must not
operate a vehicle in a way that disturbs
the residents between the hours of
10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
• If you drive a vehicle on a roadway
without care and attention, or without
reasonable consideration for others
using the road, you could be found
guilty of careless driving.
• It is illegal to operate your vehicle using
two lanes on a highway, except when
conditions cause the use of a single
lane to be impractical.
• When you are driving, you must not
allow anyone to ride on the outside of
your vehicle. This includes the open box
of a pick up truck. You and the other
person can be charged for this offence.