|1 Note: One sample for the first two hours of production; one immediately after, remaining samples at random over the rest of the day. Full production is considered when a Lot has more than eight hours of plant production.
2 Note: On QC Acceptance Lots a minimum of 1 asphalt content on loose mix using test procedures specified in Table 3.50.4. TEST METHODS ON MANAGED QA PROJECTS
Testing requirements as per MQA specifications are briefly summarized as follows:
- Consultant to sample loose mix from behind the paver and form Marshall briquettes.
- Contractor to obtain all core samples at site locations determined by the Consultant.
- Core densities and Marshall Densities for all Lots are to be determined by the Consultant in an on-site lab (i.e.. located within one hour of the project).
- Contractor quality control test results for asphalt content and gradation will be used for conditional acceptance of most Lots. For these QC Acceptance Lots the Consultant is do a minimum of one asphalt content test per Lot on loose mix using specified test procedures in an on-site lab. This minimum asphalt content(s) is to be reported in the QA asphalt content area of the Lot Paving Report. Contractor quality control test results for asphalt content and gradation are to be reported on the Lot Paving Report for QC Acceptance Lots. On QC Acceptance Lots the Target Asphalt Content is to be used to determine air voids.
- The minimum number of QA Lots in which full QA testing including asphalt content and gradations is required shall be as follows:
- the first two Lots of production for each mix type used except for Mix Type 8/S1 in which case the first Lot will be used plus,
- a minimum of one additional Lot for each 60,000 tonnes, or portion thereof, of total ACP contract tender tonnage plus,
- one additional Lot of top lift production, for each mix type, if two or more lifts are specified.
- QA Acceptance Lot testing for asphalt content and gradation are to be processed in a timely manner however this may be done in an off-site Lab located outside of a one hour travel radius.